A part of cosmetic and general dentistry services, dental veneers are an important facet of tooth correction, for which NorthPoint Dental Centre has readily available services in Toowoomba.
What is it?
This form of correction basically involves using composite resin or porcelain, tooth coloured artificial materials, to act as an external cover over your teeth. Whether you are suffering from gaps between your teeth, worn out enamel (i.e. the outer layer of the tooth), chipped teeth or discoloration,not happy with the shape,size and form of your natural teeth porcelain can be applied to correct all these defects. They can also be used to align and alter the shape of the natural teeth. This mode of treatment works particularly well if you have damaged teeth as it acts as a protective layer over them.
When should I opt for this treatment?
The first step in any course of treatment that our team takes is to appropriately diagnose the condition. It is always preferable to take the least invasive path of correction. However, the following conditions warrant the use of dental veneers, for which our clinic in Toowoomba is the ideal choice.
- Severe discoloration of teeth that can occur due to trauma, discolored large resin fillings, stains from excessive fluoride, tetracycline and/or other drugs.
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Uneven, mal-aligned and/or crooked teeth
- Gaps between teeth
The healthcare team at our clinic will help you choose between porcelain and composite resin dental veneers. These are proven to have the best effects and are the most popular options in this form of treatment.
What are the benefits?
Extensive studies have shown that this form of correction has many benefits for the patient,
- They enhance the appearance on the whole.
- They do not detoriate and are proven to be long lasting. Many patients have reported getting over a decade’s use out of them with no severe damages.
Correction using porcelain is the preferred option over composite resin for a number of reasons:
- They do not change color.
- They are highly durable and are resistant to scratches form of day-to-day wear and tear in the oral cavity.
- They look completely natural and blend in perfectly with your natural dentition.